New Muslim Toolbox
Services & Directories
- Welcome Home
- How to Pray - Detailed Written Instructions
- Questions to Ask A Potential Spouse
- Fard & Sunnah Prayers, Tasbih & Dua' - What's the Difference?
- How to Perform Wudu Step by Step
- Absolute Beginner's Arabic Lessons with Dr. Zia ul-Haque Sheik
- Sex MashaAllah-Muslim Vignettes on Female Sexuality
- Islamic Words & Phrases
Help Support Us
- Chantal (Maternity Muslimah) - Former Catholic Accepts Islam
- Four Convert Marriage FAILS (and how to avoid them)
- Female Genital Mutilation - A Practice found In Both Muslim and Christian Societies
- Western Countries "More Islamic" Than Muslim Countries Study Reveals
- Entire Football Team Finds Islam in Dubai
We have 15 guests and no members online
Articles by Subject
Parent Category: Articles by Subject
Published: 13 March 2012
How to Pray
Detailed Written Instructions
Islamic Center of Irving
A Quick Guide to the Words and Motions for People Learning Basic Prayer
O Allah! "O my Lord! make me one who establishes regular Prayer and also (raise such) among my offspring our Lord! and accept Thou my Prayer. "O our Lord! cover (us) with Thy Forgiveness me my parents and (all) Believers on the Day that the Reckoning will be established!"
The following is a transliteration of the Fard prayers (in yellow) with English translations.
Movements are noted along with the transliterations. Each rakat (set) for the noted prayer is detailed.
Simply go to the next section as you complete each part.
By the end of the day, you should be at the end of the reference book—ready to start again the next day!!!
This reference is a supplement to the lessons offered at ICI.
It does not replace the teachings nor are the various parts explained in detail.
(Click the Prayer in the Top Right Corner to go to that Prayer)