New Muslim Toolbox
Services & Directories
- Welcome Home
- How to Pray - Detailed Written Instructions
- Questions to Ask A Potential Spouse
- Fard & Sunnah Prayers, Tasbih & Dua' - What's the Difference?
- How to Perform Wudu Step by Step
- Absolute Beginner's Arabic Lessons with Dr. Zia ul-Haque Sheik
- Sex MashaAllah-Muslim Vignettes on Female Sexuality
- Islamic Words & Phrases
Help Support Us
- Chantal (Maternity Muslimah) - Former Catholic Accepts Islam
- Four Convert Marriage FAILS (and how to avoid them)
- Female Genital Mutilation - A Practice found In Both Muslim and Christian Societies
- Western Countries "More Islamic" Than Muslim Countries Study Reveals
- Entire Football Team Finds Islam in Dubai
We have 15 guests and no members online
Parent Category: Revert Stories
Published: 23 September 2014
Coming to Dubai for training camp, the entire team was impressed by the peace and serenity they felt in Islam.
Moreover, they have also praised the kindness they received from Muslim players they trained with.
“They were very impressed with the way Muslims behaved, but mostly they were impressed by the kindness and respect they received,” Khateeb said
“These are poor young men and they were embraced like brothers.”
Having expressed their interest in Islam to their hosts, the squad, its coach and female priest were all taken to IACAD to learn more about Islam last Thursday, and returned home last Saturday.
“We spent two separate sessions, which were about a full day each, talking about Islam and answering all their questions and alleviating any doubts,” Khateeb said.
“We wanted to make sure they had proper understanding of Islam. Many of their questions were about halal and haram, consuming alcohol, and how the prophet Jesus is portrayed in Islam.”
“Two of them did not wish to convert, but they wanted to learn more about Islam and the culture before deciding what to do,” he added.
The Cameroonian squad was the latest group of visitors to IACAD who choose to revert to Islam at the center.
“The department has witnessed a lot of conversion cases of visitors and residents from different nationalities and most of them attribute their conversion to the tolerance and humane values and principles of Islam and the kindness they had from Muslims,” said Dr Hamad Al Shaibani, director general of IACAD.
The department organizes programs and events for non-Muslims and new Muslims to introduce the authentic, moderate message of Islam as a religion for all.
These take place in schools, shopping centers and cultural clubs.
Along with IACAD, Islamic Information Centre of the Dubai government-run Dar Al Ber Society has witnessed a record of reversions to Islam over the past years.
Established more than 20 years ago, Dar Al Ber Society centre has witnessed the reversion of 20,000 from 200 different nationalities to Islam.
According to Dar Al Ber Society, about 2,115 people reverted to Islam in 2013.
The number, compared to about 1,907 in 2012, showed an increase by about 10%, according to Aljunaibi.
The number was much less in 2011 as only 1,380 were reportedly converted to Islam, while 1,500 joined Islam in 2010 and about 1,059 in 2009.
Read More Revert Stories:
- Former Clergy (All Religions)
- Children of Clergy
- Former Agnostics
- Former Atheists
- Former Christians and Catholics
- Former Buddhist
- Former Druze
- Former Hindus
- Former Jews
- Former Sikhs
- Former Wiccan (Witch)
- Unspecified Former Religion
- Muslims Re-Awakened
- Revertir Historias en Español (Spanish)
- Revert Stories in the News
- Famous Reverts