New Muslim Toolbox
Services & Directories
- Welcome Home
- How to Pray - Detailed Written Instructions
- Questions to Ask A Potential Spouse
- Fard & Sunnah Prayers, Tasbih & Dua' - What's the Difference?
- How to Perform Wudu Step by Step
- Absolute Beginner's Arabic Lessons with Dr. Zia ul-Haque Sheik
- Sex MashaAllah-Muslim Vignettes on Female Sexuality
- Islamic Words & Phrases
Help Support Us
- Chantal (Maternity Muslimah) - Former Catholic Accepts Islam
- Four Convert Marriage FAILS (and how to avoid them)
- Female Genital Mutilation - A Practice found In Both Muslim and Christian Societies
- Western Countries "More Islamic" Than Muslim Countries Study Reveals
- Entire Football Team Finds Islam in Dubai
We have 16 guests and no members online
Published: 10 March 2012
What is Tajweed?
Tajweed linguistically means to master something, and when referring to reading the Qur'an it means mastering the articulation of the letters, and reaching the utmost level in pronouncing it well. It is the proper pronounciation/recitation of the verses in Qur'an.
Why Should We Read the Qur'an with Tajweed?
Detailed explanation of importance of reading the Qur'an with Tajweed with evidences from the Qur'an and books of hadeeth.
View E-Book HERE
Verbs and nouns beginning with Hamzah al-Wasl
Verbs and nouns beginning with Hamzah al-Wasl and the vowel used after marked stops in the glorious Qur'an.
View E-Book HERE
The Ten Qira'aat (for advanced students of the Qur'an)
Each Imam has two narrators, or two known imams who have passed on reading from a particular Imam. There can be significant differences in the reading between one narrator and another depending on what their Imam taught them.
View Chart HERE